[Spridgets] Springfield Military Spec

Subject: [Spridgets] Springfield Military Spec
From: lists at dinospider.com (Mike Rambour)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 14:38:40 -0800
  for $1,500 it bettter be matching numbers or a Navy shooter (6"
barrel, non-matching).  It really depends on what you want to do with
the gun, shoot it ? or investment ?  I really don't think any Luger
could be a investment anymore, prices are about as high and holding as
you can get (in my opinion) for such a finicky gun.  Its one of the very
best handguns around at naturally pointing at the target, just hold in
your hand and it naturally points, it just feels great.  Fairly accurate
for a what was going to be a military weapon but its action makes it
finicky.  I hand load all my ammo for it and I never have a jam but off
the shelf ammo, its rare to go through a box of 50 without one jam.  I
double weigh all my powder to make sure I am as close as I can get to
the perfect load and even have to go through testing when I change
brands of powder (have not changed brand in decades now).

  If it is a matching gun, do yourself a favor and go out and buy
replacement firing pin and put the original away.  I also changed out
the extractor, not because that breaks but because it wears out and
since it is prominently on top of the gun with its serial number, its a
obvious part to keep original, same with the loading tool, I bought a
replacement.  Don't keep the original clip loaded get a cheapy for that.

  It is my favorite handgun to fire even with all its quirks but then
again I am a non-conformist when it comes to toys, most are blackpowder.

     mike