[Spridgets] My test drive of the Mini Clubman and your opinions.

Subject: [Spridgets] My test drive of the Mini Clubman and your opinions.
From: grunthaner at gmail.com (Linda Grunthaner)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 06:13:52 -0500
List
A few weeks ago I began test driving new cars because we are driving my 300K
mile 1994 Saturn wagon to California via most if not all of old Rt 66 sort
of like the Grapes of Wrath with Henry Fonda trip ; ) and the thought is if
she dies on the trip I pull out the title from the glove box and sign it
over to the nearest taker and rent a car for the remainder of the trip. Then
when we got back home buy a new car as per all our research. I liked the
Mini Clubman because of the feel of driving, roominess  full service except
for tires for 3 years but most importantly because they have a new
dealership 4 miles away.. The lease was around $289. a month and I forgot
what the list price was and I am not 100% happy with that stupid post and
barndoor style opening of the rear but the extra room might cancel that out.
One more reason to buy any Mini is because my Sister-in-law & her husband
have a Mini and joined a club in Michigan and go to 4 road rallies a year
and we want to join them. I estimated an extra 2K on trade in if I exceed
the mileage allowance of 10K a year for a lease.

I like how the Mini retains their value if selling down the road but I hear
repairs are high. A gal at my school has an older one and said the local
service centers for non-Mini's want $100. to do an oil change which blew me
away. Of course I would do my own oil change if it was that expensively but
why so expensive do you have to pull the engine? And does anyone have a
Clubman? Should I just lease if the repairs down the road are out of
control?

Your thoughts,
Lin

Pictures of what we will look like heading to CA via Rt 66 : ) hahahaa
http://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_125825-Hudson-Super-Six-1926.html