[Spridgets] Off Topic Posts

Subject: [Spridgets] Off Topic Posts
From: fastvee at yahoo.com (fastvee)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 07:59:16 -0800 (PST)
Thanks to the Mini Cooper discussions, and the lack of any real complaints
about them, I purchased an 04 Cooper S with 35K miles last night. I will pick
it up this afternoon and end my two week car hell. In case you don't know, car
hell is when a car nut who owns 6 vehicles doesn't have a ride to work. I am in
the process of rebuilding the top end on my Ford Exploder after overheating due
to a leak at the plastic radiator tank. Never saw or smelled a leak because the
tank seem stopped leaking when the pressure dropped to 6 psi, and of course the
coolant recovery tank stayed full. Very physical job to R&R the head gaskets on
an SUV without removing the engine, and having to do it in the driveway because
the Spridgets have the garage. My Midget is stuck in the trailer trapped by
snow and ice, the battery froze, and my classic car insurance forbids even the
occasional drive to work. Can't wait to get back to the race car work.
John
Fogelsville, PA