[Spridgets] Morgan Re-Issue S&S Powered

Subject: [Spridgets] Morgan Re-Issue S&S Powered
From: khargreaves2 at gmail.com (Kirk Hargreaves)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:31:48 -0800
And with an S&S engine . . a reliable power plant to say the least . .good
going on the part of the builders who are making these new iterations of a
classic.

S&S out of Viola Wisconsin took the Harley EVO and greatly improved it.  .
nice engine and reliable, better breathing and improved oil circulation,
etc.

S&S started off building carbs for Harley's and became famous with many of
their after market carb designs.  The S&S Super G comes to mind.

Then years ago they got the idea that they could manufacture an upgrade of
the Harley EVO engine (which to me was the best engine Harley ever put out).

These days S&S also builds modern engines that look like the classic knuckle
head, or more recently the re-introduction of the shovel head, pan head as
well.  All modern internals, but the same look of these historic engines.

This Morgan would look so cool with a knuckle head.  I didn't see the pic
well enough to notice if the S&S engine that they are using was a knuckle.
. looked more like a standard EVO design?

Kirk

PS
When the Indian Motorcycle factory closed in Gilroy Ca. I drove down there
with my truck and bought over $6,000 worth of S&S engines, un-assembled.  I
put them on eBay and made a good 35% - 40% profit on them.  It was a scary
risk at first, but it did pay off.

Many of the other parts that were going into the Indians at this point were
offshore made stuff of dubious quality.  The only thing American that I can
remember were the S&S power plants.

It was a strange experience walking through the assembly line that had shut
down and seeing how they were making their bikes.

The company had just come out with their own Power Stroke engine . . and
then at that point they lost their major investor who had grown weary of
pouring tons of money into the project.

I still have a wood box step up platform, painted red, that I pulled from
one of their dumpsters.  I use it with wheels to support my Hobart welder. .
kind of a cool thing to remember the trip by.