Re: [Spridgets] Was: mileage vs. age - Now cars we have owned

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Was: mileage vs. age - Now cars we have owned
From: "Jim Seippel" <aseippel@austin.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:32:36 -0600
I'll play too.

Here is what I can remember. The list does not include parts cars. Some
model years are approximate since I no longer have the titles. The order is
probably not correct.

I am sure there are some cars that are missing from the list. They just
weren't memorable enough to be mentioned. The motorcycle and airplane lists
are much smaller. :-)
Jim

59 Renault Dauphine
50 Studebaker Champion (suicide doors)
48 Studebaker Champion
60 Bugeye
58 Deutsch Bonnet
60 Fiat Abarth (really fun car)
60 Bugeye
66 NSU Wankel Spyder (starter quit working so I had to coast start it after
our wedding ceremony)
59 MGA Twin Cam
60 Ford Falcon (friend borrowed it to elope and the oil pump drive broke)
58 Simca Aronde (came with my wife - gave it to my Dad)
59 MGA
62 Lotus Seven (should have kept it - wish I had it back)
63 VW
Crossley Special (homebuilt)
50 Chevrolet pickup (tow vehicle)
60 Pontiac Wagon (tow car) wouldn't back up when hot
60 Ford Fairlane 500 (tow car) burned as much oil as gas and it burned a lot
of gas - muffler leaked and almost killed me from CO poisoning when
returning from Summit Point)
60 Bugeye (&%$# lying Baptist Preacher ran a stop sign and hit it, then
denied running the stop sign - I didn't like Baptist Preachers before and
like them less after)
63 MGB
59 MGA
* 65 Lotus Cortina (I owned it twice)
65 MGB
62 Mk 2 Sprite
65 Mk 3 Sprite (turned into a race car)
67 Cortina GT
50 Porsche Convertible 1500
67 Sprite Mk 4 (Great reliable car)
72 Chevy II
67 Chevrolet PU (tow car) ex Jim Fitzgerald tow truck
66 Rene Bonnet
72 Elan Plus 2S
72 Saab 99
76 Saab 99
76 Volvo Wagon (car from hell)
82 Oldsmobile Diesel
79 Ford Wagon
86 Chevy Custom Van (two transmission failures on 2 vacations within ten
miles of the same location)
78 Saab 99 Turbo
81 Saab 900T
85 Saab 900T