Re: [Spridgets] 1275 water pump

To: 'Spridgets' <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Leo <60bugeye@cebridge.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 1275 water pump
From: fastvee <fastvee@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 05:28:34 -0700 (PDT)
I believe the only difference of any importance is which impeller it has.
There is the steel sheet metal impeller with bent tabs, and there is a cast
impellor that is deeper and has curved blades which provides a higher flow
rate. I can't give any application info for this pump, but it was a must have
for our race engines. You must always check to see that the larger impeller
will fit and turn in the block during assembly, and sometimes we would have to
provide some additonal clearance for it. A used pump should have no play, no
bearing noise, and have a slight resistance to turning if the seal is good.
John
Fogelsville, PA