[Spridgets] No LBC - Itaiy and America Unite

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] No LBC - Itaiy and America Unite
From: Jay <jfishbein@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 06:36:31 -0700 (PDT)
The Pantera

One of my favorite automobiles.

BAT subscribers have already seen this:
http://bringatrailer.com/2011/03/24/giallo-perfection-10k-mile-1972-detomaso-pantera/

The original car shows it's beautiful lines and it is refreshing to see  one
that has not been modified with chrome wheels, chrome engine bay,  chrome
license plate frame and so-on. (Do I really need to mention the  aluminum
wings?
No? I didn't think so.)

I'll add a typical period story. A friend of mine in college in the early 70's
shows me a little portfolio of a Pantera he is going to survey. Beautiful and
original but a little pricey at $11,000. but hey, we were into cars. You could
look for free. A couple of years later Bob Sharp, the Datsun racer and auto
dealer in CT, had one for sale for a personal friend. Another beautiful and
original car, similar price.

Those were the days.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct