Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - 911 Engine Fire Potential

To: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - 911 Engine Fire Potential
From: Larry & Sandi Miller <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:20:15 -0700
All older 911's had/have an engine fire potential. It is/was caused by a
backfire blowing a hole in the airbox and lighting off the  gas vapor. The fix
is/was a pop-off valve installed in the air box. My 1978 911 SC did the deed
in my garage. I got to it before it did any damage other then melting some
plastic manifold tubes. The car was about 1 year old at the time and I still
have it.

Larry Miller

On Mar 25, 2011, at 10:08 AM, Jim Johnson wrote:

> I think that may have been a common problem with the 911 Turbos...  I also

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums