Re: [Spridgets] Kristi's Midget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Kristi's Midget
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:11:36 -0500
When I've seen surging it was due to too much ignition advance.

Backfiring is definitely too much ignition advance.

Well it's pretty hard for a running car to develop too much ignition
advance.  If the distributor is loose it will usually retard itself
rather than advancing itself.   But, if something happens to the
distributor cap or rotor, it could cause the the same result.

> surging, badly!!
>
> and backfiring visibly in the dark. At least the Statie prolly thought so as
>we drove down I-195 at 40 miles an hour in the dark.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums