Re: [Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues
From: J Foster <tr3.4.me@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 20:57:35 -0500
Unfortunately I believe (but could be wrong) that a majority of
current model vehicles have gone to integrating the fuel pump and fuel
level sending unit into one module that is in the tank.

And I've heard the same as David - don't regularly let your fuel drop
below 1/4 tank as the pump then is more likely to fail prematurely due
to reduced cooling.

I got to replace one in my son's '98 S10 just a couple of weeks ago.
No way to replace just the ailing fuel pump and the entire module was
$270 (ouch!).  BTW, the easiest way to do that on a truck is to remove
the truck bed instead of trying to drop the tank!