[Spridgets] Taxes

Subject: [Spridgets] Taxes
From: mdrowe at optonline.net (Michael Rowe)
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 19:48:03 -0500
> I'd be for "tax the rich, feed the poor"

This brings up an interesting point:  No one on this list is poor, or we
would not be fussing with esoteric antique cars.  So what is the dividing
line between "rich" and "poor?"

It used to be that a million dollars was a lot of money.  Now I expect that
many on this list are worth that including their homes.  A millionaire in
current  parlance must make a million a year, or something like that,
otherwise he hasn't really earned the title.  But you don't need to be a
millionaire to be seen as rich.  (Anyone with more money than I have is
rich.)  So define "rich."

Enough of taxes.  Maybe we should talk about death for a while.  :-)

Michael Rowe
Non-millionaire