[Spridgets] mileage vs. age

Subject: [Spridgets] mileage vs. age
From: mgraziano at austin.rr.com (Michael Graziano)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 17:38:55 -0600
Hey guys:

Out of lurk mode.   My very short list.

'84 Fleetwood Brougham
'87 300ZX
'78 Midget (sold 2 years ago)
'95 Probe
'01 Subaru Outback
'04 Nissan Frontier (for sale)
'08 Camry Hybrid
'06 Audi Cabriolet

I really miss the Caddy and the Midget.  The Audi is a blast to drive (a
present from my wife last month).

Hope you guys are all doing well.  Miss the PA rallys.

-Mike

Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 09:02:39 -0500
From: Macy Larry <lmacy at mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] mileage vs. age
To: Spridgets net <spridgets at autox.team.net>

My turn, but not as long.

Learned to drive in a late 1960's Ford station wagon.

1973 Vega Kammback wagon
1967 Pontiac Firebird Convertible (400 cid w/ Hurst 4 on the floor)
196x VW Bug Convertible
1978 Toyota Corrolla SR5 Liftback
1984 Dodge Caravan
1996 Dodge Neon
1980 BMW 308i
1990's Artero (Pontiac Fiero with a fiberglass Ferrari body)
2003 Dodge Dakota
2005 Saturn Ion
2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman
1976 MG Midget (bought at MG dealer in Denver CO)
1978 MG Midget (Since 1983)

Now I own the 78 Midget and the MINI. But I surely miss the Firebird and the
Dakota. The Firebird, done right, would be worth far more than the rest of
the
list. I owned 2 for about 20 years between the Toyota (6) and the Caravan
(14).

(As for Wife's Cars, the 76 Midget was bought as hers, but that didn't last
;-) And the Neon is what she took when she left. Theresa started out with a
late model Ford Probe with a big V-6, then a Subaru Outback Sport, then a VW
Jetta, now a VW Golf, her and her first husbands list is longer, but why
dredge up memories, even tho some of the stories are hilarious).

Every car on this list is a manual except the VW Golf.

Larry