[Spridgets] Help needed on Moris Minor 1000

Subject: [Spridgets] Help needed on Moris Minor 1000
From: kk7ss at frontier.com (Dave KK7SS)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 19:44:49 +0000 (UTC)
The dizzy has a vacuum diaphram but is not connected.

I can see nowhere on the carb where I can connect the vacuum line from the
dizzy.
There is no vacuum take-off point.

BUT... fitted on the intake manifold, below and to the right of the carb and on
the same face that the carb connects to, is a wierd black 'dingus' <no other
word!> that has a part that I can move in and out.
It has a small hole in the end that moves that looks like it would take a small
copper pipe.

Is that where I should connect the vacuum line?

I can find no reference to it in the Workshop Manual or parts manual that I
downloaded..

The casting number on the manifold is 2A718 and the letters VAF are below that.
It seems to have a bit of green paint left ..

Can anyone help (also posted to the MorrisMinor Group!)

Thanks

--
Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig