Re: [Spridgets] Guns

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Guns
From: Mike MacLean <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 11:47:59 -0700
I have a Luger made in 1918 and captured by the Russians then sold to a
distributor in the US. Very nice numbers matching. Obviously came from someone
that was captured also.
Mike MacLean

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 15, 2011, at 9:38, Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net> wrote:

>> That's right folks, you read it right here.
>
> There is a German Luger in my father's trunk from WWII that my brother wants
to pass on to his son.  This gun made the local news at the time:  "Everett
physician captures 13 Germans single-handed without a gun."  I believe it is
one that he took from the prisoners.  The newspaper clipping goes with the
gun.

> I also found his surgical kit from North Africa, Sicily, and Italy, and the
"Doctor Bag" that he carried on house calls when I was in grade school. These
will go to our older daughter, who starts her surgical residency in Boston in
June.

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/rrengineer.mike@att.net