Re: [Spridgets] Just got back from Tom's River

To: dave booker <tncarnut1@yahoo.com>, spridgets list
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Just got back from Tom's River
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 18:33:53 -0400
I just back to Long Island from Franks Funeral.
A very large turnout.
A Wonderful Homily by Father Jack. Poignant and personal and relevant.
He drove the Holy Sprite to the Church, he said even though
he hadn't started it since last September, it fired right up and is running
beautifully.

I think that Frank would have been embarrassed by all the Police Road blocks
for the procession from the Church to the Cemetery, about 5 miles, caused a
heck of a traffic jam.
While I'm not as hard core as Dave Lieb, I had to put the top down on my
Mustang. :-)

It was wonderful to meet people in person whom I had only known as an email
address and or a picture
and to talk to people I hadn't seen in too long a time...
I hate the circumstances, but it was good to do.
Some wonderful stories were told and it was good to connect
on a more personal level with people from our little online family..
A very sad day....

 I know I am a better person for knowing him.

To those that would like to donate to Frankie the V,
I would suggest sending it to

The Clarici family
631 Parkside Ave
Toms River NJ
08753

Sorry for the seemingly random thoughts, but my mind
still isn't functioning as it should.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!
Thanks to Frank
RIP my friend

> Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 00:09:10 -0700
> From: tncarnut1@yahoo.com
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Just got back from Tom's River
>
> Just got back in from the Friday evening viewing and subsequent dinner and
> talks. If tonight's attendance is any indication - and I'm sure it is -
> Saturday's procession from the church to the cemetery will bring Tom's
River
> traffic to a grinding halt. I sincerely hope the police have been warned as
> there will probably be a mile of cars making that sad journey.
>
> Upon arriving
> tonight at the funeral home, we found that the line of people
> paying their
> respects was two or three deep and wrapped through the building to
> the end of
> the parking lot and then had started up the other side of the parking
> lot.
> There were literally HUNDREDS of people. I believe we stood in line for
> close
> to an hour to finally get to Diane, Frankie, Tiffany, and Frankie's wife
> (whose name I can not at this moment recall - sorry)
>

> When a bunch of the
> OSHIT crew left to go to a restaurant, the line seemed to
> still be the same
> length as when we arrived - there were that many people. The
> funeral director
> told us that in all his years there, he had never seen anywhere
> near this
> number of people attend a viewing.
>

> Frank touched many, many lives. If you
> can possibly do so, please remember to
> send a check for little Frankie V's
> education fund. We need to make something
> good come of this loss.
>

>  - David Booker

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75