Re: [Spridgets] Sad News

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com,midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Sad News
From: chris_west@juno.com
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:13:18 -0400
A portion of the most recent post to my blog:

 Frank could take a car destined for the scrap heap, rummage in his bins
and boxes of parts, work his magic and emerge from his garage with a
presentable, if not astoundingly restored car in a matter of weeks. The
rest of us, mere mortals, would take months, years or even decades to
accomplish the same. He would do this not only for himself, but for
anyone who shared his love for these little cars. Money was rarely
involved, and then only for "out of pocket" things that Frank did not
have "lying around." His philosophy was "pay it forward" and help someone
else in turn when the opportunity presented itself to you. He loved to
share his knowledge as well. Frank knew more about Sprites than anyone,
with the possible exception of the car's designers. He was the expert.
When confronted with a car related problem, the universal response on the
forums was "Ask Frank, he'll know." And he did. He would respond quickly
and pleasantly (unless your problem was "made in China") without writing
what a dumbass you were to be asking in the first place. Frank Clarici
passed away this week, unexpectedly and suddenly, at the age of 55. He
leaves a wife, son, daughter and grandson upon whom he doted. He also
leaves uncounted friends, many who he never met. I never met the man, but
he was my friend.

  The news left me stunned.  I would have tried to drive the 700 miles to
the funeral but for the fact that I had another funeral  (ex coworker -
35 years old!) to attend here in town.  Though I never met Frank, I felt,
like many others, that I knew him through his e mails and posts.  As a
transplanted New Jerseyite, I felt as if we shared a bond of place as
well as that of our common love of all things spridget.  We can never
hope to see his like again. but in his memory I have vowed to be as much
like Frank, happy and helpful, caring and giving, without guile or
artifice, as I am able.

Chris - AN5L35xxx
Groupon.com Official Site
1 huge daily deal on the best stuff to do in your city. Try it today!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4dacb7bb84391849179st02vuc

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive