Re: [Spridgets] Off Topic - Kindle

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Off Topic - Kindle
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:53:02 +0000
I'm not convinced of the use of the 3G.  You can connect it to your wifi at
home, download books, and then you're set.  It seems that the 3G would only be
used if you were on a trip away from wifi, you finished your books and you
wanted to download a new book.

My wife bought the Nook, and then later I bought her the Nook color.  She
really likes the color but there are tradeoffs between the color and the older
non-color model so consider those before buying.  Of course you can buy an ipad
and read books on it, and maybe the same with the various android tablets on
the market.  Or you can buy the Nook color and hack it to make it a full
android tablet.  If you just want the reader then the basic Kindle or Nook
should do fine.  You could search the net for comparisons between them.

> Anyone here have any practical advice they could offer on the Kindle reader?
>My
> daughter wants one for her birthday and I know nothing about them.
>
> We are going to make a decision in the next couple of days and one of the
> questions we have is whether the 3G is really necessary, and if you buy one
>do
> you have to also buy a data subscription or could you use the reader and just
> use it WiFi and possibly subscribe at a later time.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums