Re: [Spridgets] FW: 44 magnum accident

To: Bob Van Kirk <racerbob70@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] FW: 44 magnum accident
From: Jim Johnson <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 19:35:35 -0500
What John said.  This "accident" is well known in the hand loader community.
It happened some years ago and was due to the hand loads being "wild cat"
loads by an inexperienced loader who figured if so much powder was good, a
lot more was better.  I don't know where the story came from, but it is just
that - a story.  Handgunner magazine debunked this at least twice that I
know of.

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:19 PM, John Innis <jdinnis@gmail.com> wrote:

> This came out on some gun related lists last July.  As far as I know this
> was the result of a handloader screwing up.
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Bob Van Kirk <racerbob70@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> >  List,
> >    I believe there are listers among us that are interested in firearms
> of
> > all sorts hence the reason for forwarding this plus Frank's distaste for
> > anything made in China. (LBC content of a sort).
> > Bob
> >

> >  Subject: Fw: 44 magnum accident
> >

> > .
> > Date: Monday, April 25, 2011, 12:25 PM

> > .44 Magnum accident
> >
> > First it was baby formula, then pet food, but now you should
> > watch out when buying anything from China , including bright,
> > shiny ammunition.
> >
> > A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor.
> > He had a S&W 629 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of
> > after a mishap at the range.
> >
> > He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo
> > (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead,
> > leaving a nice gash.  When the tweety birds cleared from around
> > his head, the pictures show what he saw.
> >
> > Bet he never uses Chinese made ammo again!
> >
> > Looks like when the round in the chamber went off,
> > it also set off at least two other rounds in adjacent cylinders.
> > I would have hated to been the one that pulled the trigger on
> > that one!
> >

> > A really good reason for not buying cheap ammunition !!
> >

> > Or anything from China.  They are proving this statement to be true. You
> > get
> > what you pay for.

> --
> =================================
> = Never offend people with style when you   =
> = can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =

Cheers!!
Jim Johnson
Don't miss the BIG PARTY!!  Midget 50th Anniversary!
Elkhart Lake, WI  July 18-22, 2011
Info & Registration here:
http://www.sprite-midgetclub.org

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html