[Spridgets] Rostyle wheels

Subject: [Spridgets] Rostyle wheels
From: tr3.4.me at gmail.com (J Foster)
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 14:25:37 -0500
Considering repainting the Rostyle wheels on my '73 Midget.  They were
either done poorly many years ago, or it's simply the age of the paint
showing.

Any suggestions/recommendations on paint to use?  Are the wheels
"silver" or "aluminum", and is the black gloss or flat?

I plan on doing this with tires mounted and "on the cheap" as I may
have to sell the car soon.

Any one used a mask or is painting the black by hand easy enough?  Any
tips you can share?

I'm also debating on buying some trim rings - the wheels just seem
naked without them.  I see Moss lists stainless rings for $90, which
is higher than I'd hoped to spend. Any of you know if the rings sold
by Vic Brit are metal, or simply plated plastic; or can give any
opinions of quality of them?

Of course if anyone has a set of decent trim rings they're not using
and want to get rid of reasonably please feel free to email me off
list.