[Spridgets] Frankie Five

Subject: [Spridgets] Frankie Five
From: b-evans at earthlink.net (Robert Evans)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 13:39:27 -0700
We have all lost a dear friend, and our hearts ache for our loss.  But there
is one whose loss is greater than ours.  Frankie Five, as I began calling
him the day after he was born, has lost something even more important in
life.  He has lost his Grandpa.  If ever there was a doting grandfather, it
was Frank.  There was nothing he would not do for his grandson.  Frankie
Five was but weeks old when his Grandfather started planning the gifts he
was going to give him;  gifts like those that Frank had enjoyed as a child.
Be it restoring bicycles or tin toys long gone from the market, Frank threw
the same energies and demand for perfection that he had taken in restoring
Sprites and Midgets.

Now, he will see his Grandpa no more.  He will grow up missing the fun and
the guidance Frank would given him in his formative years.

I now plan to write a letter to Frankie Five;  a letter that he will be able
to read 15, 20, 30 years from now.  In it I want to share with him the
remembrances Pam and I have of the guy she described perfectly last night:
Happy.  I want Frankie Five to know what fun his Grandpa was at the
BusterCluster, how he loved our trip to England where he thrived on the
highways and byways and thrilled driving the curving country roads.  I want
him to know how Frank was awed by Salisbury Cathedral and had questions
important to him answered when we went to the Heritage Centre.  Above all, I
want him to know how Frank was one of the finest friends I have ever had,
and how many people loved him so dearly.

Now, I would like some of you to write a letter to Frankie Five, letting him
know how important his Grandfather was in the lives of so many people across
the land, and in England as well.  You can send it to:

Frank Clarici V

631 Parkside Ave

Toms River,  NJ 08753

Buster Evans