[Spridgets] brakes

Subject: [Spridgets] brakes
From: lbc77mg at gmail.com (Allen Hefner)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:27:10 -0400
I hate to say this, but what type of brake fluid did you use?  DOT 5
(sillycone) needs to rest for a while to let the air escape.  DOT 4 is
better, and since you should replace the brake fluid every two years, there
is no need to use DOT 5, unless you spent a bundle on your paint.

Also, your bleeding technique is very important.  You can't just open the
bleed screw and pump the pedal, as I have seen done.
Tubing on the bleed screw with the other end in a jar with some brake
fluid.
Open bleed screw, pedal down and hold, close, pedal up, open, pedal down and
hold, close, pedal up...until no bubbles come out of the tubing.
It can take quite a while if you replaced the master cyl.

And I hate those bleed screws with a valve.   They never worked for me.

Jeez!  I have been away for years, and the first day back on the list, I
have to bring up brake fluid!  (I mean, talk about brake fluid.;-)

 Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA

*Current:*
2006 Chebbie