[Spridgets] bean oil

Subject: [Spridgets] bean oil
From: crusaderchuck at yahoo.com (charles christ)
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 02:04:29 -0700 (PDT)
back when i was a kid my dad raced saabs.     that's how i ended up with his
last car (H-mod sports racer "brand X"), and restoring that as well as the '60
93F sedan (replica of dad's '64 season car) that is here as well.     the
smell
of racing cars using the era's perfect racing oil  ...castrol R was the
only
smell  , that combined with very high test racing fuels is a very
remarkable
aroma.   once you smell it you will never forget it!   very
similar to model
airplane fuels yet distinctly a smell unto itself.     i do
add castor oil to
our race fuel mix but only in very small amounts.   real
100% castor oil is
water based oil and not very good for engine internals.
and we use medicinal
grade castor oil.   mary anne spots it at wally-mart and
we usually grab a few
bottles for the race car.      i wonder if they ever
think why we buy it so
frequently and 3-4-5 bottles of it at a time.  LOL!
every once in a while i burn a bit of bean oil in the street saab too.    how
could ya not....
btw , i do have a few bottles of real castrol R stashed in
the shop.   a fellow
we raced with had it in his barn for tractor oil and
offered it to us "at the
next race".   much to our delight he remembered
it!    mary anne rewarded him
with some of her world renowned "booze cake".
truly an inspiration to all who
have been in our race pit area.    :)
5:04am.....sleep?   it's over rated!