[Spridgets] '59 Morris Mionor 1000 Rear Brake question.

Subject: [Spridgets] '59 Morris Mionor 1000 Rear Brake question.
From: kk7ss at frontier.com (Dave KK7SS)
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 02:09:03 +0000 (UTC)
I have sent this to the Morris Minor group, but I just had a thought that the
rear drums might just be similar to the early bugeye's

I have no rear brake action and also the handbrake isn't doing its job :0

I found that Paul A. had left a set of new shoes in a box on the back seat --
sort of a downer to think that he didn't have the time to fix them. :(

Anyway, I opened the box and there are 4 new shoes *and* a plastic bag with 3
"C" circlips (looking like an old fashioned 'E')and one thick Bronze washer.

I'm pretty sure I only need to change the shoes BUT what would those three 'C'
circlips be for? And what's with the thick Washer?

Are they also for the rear brakes or was he planning on something else !

--
Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig   Richland, WA

'59 Morris Minor 1000