Re: [Spridgets] No LBC; Possible PayPal Scam?

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC; Possible PayPal Scam?
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 11:42:00 -0400
To me it seems that it is pretty obviously a scam, but if I understood the
original question it was more a question of how could it be harmful to send the
scammer the email address associated with the paypal account?  I've thought
about it and I can't figure it out either.  If a person could extract money
from paypal just by knowing an account name then they could go on ebay and get
lots of account names, and assume that many of them had paypal accounts
associated with their email address.

If you buy a Mac then you are contributing to the biggest scam organization in
the world.

> This is a classic scam.  I have seen it several times, usually with car
> purchases.
>
> Your friend should report it to PayPal as well as his e-mail server.
> Forward the message, with the headers showing, to both.
>
> Do not reply to them.  They seem to have ways to suck info out of
> practically nothing, and then your PayPal account is empty.
>
> Or as Larry M. would say, buy a Mac and you will no longer have these
> problems.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $12.75
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive