Re: [Spridgets] Datsun transmissions

To: Jess Power <jessmd1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Datsun transmissions
From: Phil Nase <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 22:01:34 -0400
Jess,  if Gerard has the trans he can modify the bell housing to avoid any
mods to the car.  Otherwise you will need to widen the area under the heater
plenum just a bit. The ones I've seen have just crushed the bottom of the
plenum to allow it to fit.

Gerard cuts and patches the bell housing so it slides right in.

I think he has the trans numbers on his site. Call him if your lucky he may
have some on hand.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/

On Sep 29, 2011, at 8:17 PM, Jess Power <jessmd1@comcast.net> wrote:

>  I am looking for a 5 speed datsun transmission to go on a rebuilt 1275cc
motor for my 1959 bugeye.I would like to use Gerard's clutch and back plate
kit.Do these transmisiions require modifications of the tunnel? Which specific
transmission should I get? I would like one that is already rebuilt if
possible.