[Spridgets] Steering Rack adjustment

Subject: [Spridgets] Steering Rack adjustment
From: doug_altman at yahoo.com (Doug Altman)
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 06:58:04 -0700 (PDT)
According to the workshop manual, Heavy steering can be caused by:

Incorrect
steering geometry
Excessively low tyre pressures
Insufficient lubricant in
steering rack
'Dry' steering connections
Out of track
Incorrectly adjusted
steering gear
Misaligned steering column

And, I have never changed the shims
between the rack damper cap and the rack body from what was there from the
factory (I assume), but isn't this the way you adjust the back-lash (either
too tight or too loose) between the pinion and the rack?  Just some thoughts.
Doug    ....o~'o

----
At 09:04 PM 9/8/2011, Frankie Clarici 4th wrote:
>Is
there any adjustment on the steering rack?  I was driving my Sprite the
>other
night and noticed the steering felt real tight. I know on my VW I can
>adjust
the tension on the pinion. Is there any way to do this on my Sprite?