[Spridgets] Screws on Column Surround/Taking it apart

Subject: [Spridgets] Screws on Column Surround/Taking it apart
From: thistle_3619 at yahoo.com (James Gruber)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:16:13 -0700 (PDT)
Quick answer needed. Finally getting around to fixing turn signals that
suddenly stopped working after I had GS and 3 friends 8,9,10, & 11 y.o boys
playing drive Bugsy in the garage. Lots of enthusiatic horn blowing, head
light flashing and tugging and pulling on turn signals and washer stalk. The
casualty of this is turn signals no longer work and the switch cluster is now
loose on the dash.

Emergency flashers work just fine but when I flip on a
turn signal I can hear a short 1/2 a click out of the TS Flasher and then
nothing. This is on a '68 which only has a single flasher unit. Thinking since
switch assembly seems loose perhaps I've lost my ground to the column if
indeed one is there. Horn still works and so do wipers so that may be a red
herring.

Quick question - Screw types on column surround Phillips or
Standard. There are 4 bolts I know but can you access them without unbolting
the column. Last time I had it apart was > 10 years ago and I can no longer
remember if I needed to drop the column down to get at those screws or not. My
eyes are betraying me 10 years later and I just can't see in there any more.
Who can help?

BTW it was a hoot watching these kids pretend to be driving.I
LMAO and even though I think these guys caused my problem I 'd have them back
to see them enjoy Bugsy.