Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Truck Shocks

To: "'Mike MacLean'" <rrengineer.mike@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] No LBC - Truck Shocks
From: "Herby" <herby@herbytoys.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 14:56:46 -0800
I second the Bilstein's. I put them on my Dakota and am quite happy with
them. The ride actually improved. I put them on at about 68K. They replaced
the factory shocks, one of which was blown out (leaking).

Herby
62 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy)
00 Dakota R/T (the DD toy)
herby@herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com

My F150 has 145,000 miles on it with the original factory shocks.  They have
been alright up to recently that I noticed the steering was all over the
place
on the freeway.  I also felt the right front wheel bounce a little too much
when I hit a pothole.  You can't do a normal test of bouncing the corner of
the vehicle to see if it springs right back like on your family sedan.  A
pickup truck is sprung too hard.  In any case, I'm leaning towards the
Bilstein shocks.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2