[Spridgets] Watford Hardtop

Subject: [Spridgets] Watford Hardtop
From: dlh2001 at comcast.net (Dean Hedin)
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 22:15:42 -0500
Thanks for the info.  I had no idea FFR & Shelby were at it.  Here's a good
read.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/22/shelby-loses-lawsuit-against-factory-five
-racing/

Here is my take on all of this.  Shelby is actually better off that there
were a zillion unauthorized reproductions made.

It helped popularize the Cobra.  In addition the prevalence of the Cobra
kits helped to raised the value of the "real authorized Cobras"

What will happen to the Cheetah?  Nobody will make them.  I don't know what
a "Thomas Letter" cost but it is probably something outrageous.

I remember looking at that Cheetah outfit a few years ago and they wanted
something like $68K for a Cheetah reproduction.

I can also remember back in the late 80's a company call Everret-Morrison
was making a Cheetah clone.

I think they wanted around $10K for the chassis/body kit.

  _____