Re: [Spridgets] O.T. Vehicle Recall Question

To: Tim Collins <thcollin@mtu.edu>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] O.T. Vehicle Recall Question
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 07:49:36 -0700 (PDT)
The dealer will happily tell you over the phone if a recall was performed. I
do it all the time for used cars and bikes.

Ron Soave
Roscoe, IL

"It only
goes one way."
"Pay it forward."

Tim Collins <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:15 PM
>Subject: [Spridgets] O.T. Vehicle Recall
Question

>Hi Folks,
>My In-laws have a 2002 Mercury Sable LS that is
leaking oil. A search
>on the Internet indicates that this is a common
problem because the
>oil pan gasket wiggles out of place. The Father-in-law
worries about
>these drips and is frequently having me check the oil. (He's
91) He's
>had the car at a shop for this problem, not the dealer, and the guy
>"couldn't say for sure" what the problem was. The drips amount to a
>small
mess on the garage floor - no big deal, but it worries him.

>So, I began
thinking about other problems I learned about the car -
>some serious. (coil
spring known to break and puncture tire, but not
>the subject of a recall) I
know where to find recall notices and
>complaint notices about a vehicle, but
is there a way to find out if
>recall service has been performed on a
specific vehicle? I can't ask
>dad without causing a great amount of worry
and he's likely to give
>me an answer that has nothing to do with the car
anyway. I suppose
>the dealer must record repairs made under a recall, but I
don't

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/soavero@yahoo.com

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive