Re: [Spridgets] NFI - 1967 Saab Sonnet ii - $2750

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NFI - 1967 Saab Sonnet ii - $2750
From: Lester <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 13:15:46 -0500
References: <1372439964.41108.YahooMailClassic@web140404.mail.bf1.yahoo.com> s=q20121106; t=1372443347; bh=FMpk0Ng094yz+VTUFhYmUut/ZWKrdr3JyeouZFepA7M=; h=Received:Received:From:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Subject:Date:To: Message-Id; b=mO8Mc6VlaP3QOthqDPPkEdE/NoSwoxVbcbqEOUE1IV6W6FXhVkHcumgvAe0NYL4f9 qp6SY0kLT+I/7QzAXaMme9/yhOaTJbT6tJqXYY0RWj6eaM3VTI7QbH4ELqrqVkx3oy /CBhf5+yQx8PJVqIIgz9NyH1CWGfqPyQDzviBFfGYXSKCnaljxY7N8G9nEZL4/1zqx yFoqcOf1vQJGUXi2Qjx5vI1fMS0z+XqGKUTU4E3XY7uBti87BKgxkGgY+FtaYwL7/M vxrgqSbr58ueZj5FRe/RruDCgA1VVvGFePfIlmnisIpzPOpmJZM09rTakBCh/wzlAd mOFE+JgYIYMbA==
There are several good racing two stroke oils.. Silkolene is what I use and
Amsoil I think makes one as well.  No one other than the Bonneville guys want
to run less oil..  it get's very expensive to see how little oil you can run.
;-)  The Sonett has oil injection but not like a bike, there are actually
passages cast into the block, one to each cylinder and one to each bearing and
one more to the distributor gear IIRC and a neat pump that puts one tiny
squirt for each revolution.

And the smoke on that one came mainly from the dyno guys lugging it trying to
get it up the ramp.  After they failed a few times they let me drive it up
there.  You can hear and see  when that finally burns off and the engine
smooths out.

Lester

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive