[Spridgets] Rear Shock Link

To: "Spridgets@autox.team.net" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Rear Shock Link
From: David Ambrose <stargazer1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 11:10:53 -0700
We've been replacing the rear springs and generally replacing everything
on our '70 Midget. Happily, we're down to final assembly. But, as with
many of these projects, we've hit a snag.

The left shock link went in, and is lined and looking great. Right hand
side, not so much. When we disassembled the right side, we found the
shock siezed and the link was pretty well trashed. Now that I'm putting
things back together, I think I see why. The shock isn't lined up with
the spring. It's displaced outboard, which puts a lot of strain on the
link and consequently the shock itself.

I rechecked everything, and the axle's assembled correctly.

I'm thinking about putting fender washers under the shock to move it
inboard and put everything in to alignment.

Has anyone run into this before? Any ideas as to cause?

Thanks,
Dave Ambrose

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive