Re: [Spridgets] Kingpin Bushing reamer

To: Rick Fisk <refisk@chartermi.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Kingpin Bushing reamer
From: Hal Faulkner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:53:15 -0700
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Mark Haynes <haynes386@netzero.net>

--047d7b5dbd3a689c0b0512789530

Rick,
When I needed it done I had my local machinist do it for me.  He was quite
reasonable.  I watched Peter (or was it Paul?) do it at the Buster Cluster,
using an old king pin.  All it cost Buster was all the food and drink we
ate, plus the hot water, and everything else....  We definitely got the
better end of the deal.
Hal

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Rick Fisk via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Don't know who might have a reamer other than Peter C.  He'll do the job
> for you, but I doubt he loans the reamer out.  :-)
>
> Make your own reamer from an old kingpin and an angle grinder with a thin
> cutoff blade.
>

> Sent from my keyboard
>
> > On Mar 29, 2015, at 6:48 PM, Mark Haynes via Spridgets <
> spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:
> >
> > IIRC, Someone on this list had a kingpin reamer that was available for
> the cost of shipping both ways. I may be wrong, but it sticks in my head.
> Am I right? Does anyone out there have one that I can use and return? My
> MKII Sprite needs new bushings installed- I have the bushings but they need
> to get reamed after installation.
> > Can anyone help?
> >

> > Mark Haynes
> > It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
> >

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/frog.aye@gmail.com

--047d7b5dbd3a689c0b0512789530

cal machinist do it for me.=C2=A0 He was quite reasonable.=C2=A0 I watched =
Peter (or was it Paul?) do it at the Buster Cluster, using an old king pin.=
=C2=A0 All it cost Buster was all the food and drink we ate, plus the hot w=
ater, and everything else....=C2=A0 We definitely got the better end of the=
ss=3D"gmail_quote">On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Rick Fisk via Spridgets=
lass=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;=
padding-left:1ex">Don&#39;t know who might have a reamer other than Peter C=
.=C2=A0 He&#39;ll do the job for you, but I doubt he loans the reamer out.=
=C2=A0 :-)<br>
Make your own reamer from an old kingpin and an angle grinder with a thin c=
utoff blade.<br>
Sent from my keyboard<br>
&gt; On Mar 29, 2015, at 6:48 PM, Mark Haynes via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"=
mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&gt; wrote:<br=

&gt;<br>
&gt; IIRC, Someone on this list had a kingpin reamer that was available for=
 the cost of shipping both ways. I may be wrong, but it sticks in my head. =
Am I right? Does anyone out there have one that I can use and return? My MK=
II Sprite needs new bushings installed- I have the bushings but they need t=
o get reamed after installation.<br>
&gt; Can anyone help?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Mark Haynes<br>
&gt; It only goes one way-Pay it Forward<br>
&gt;<br>

//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"; target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>