Re: [Spridgets] Brand new Facet fuel pump problem, no power.

To: grunthaner@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Brand new Facet fuel pump problem, no power.
From: WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 16:43:12 -0400
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Full-name: WeslakeMonza1330
--===============3274402706365807723==

--part1_1af92b.71732708.42e54ee0_boundary

Hi Lin

Is this a cube Facet or the cylindrical body pump?  I doubt your  original
pump is dead any more than the new one is.  Both old and new Facet
cylindrical body pumps are noisy.  I've just replaced one on my Sprite as  it
seemed
to be working harder than I expected it to at idle and just didn't  sound
the same as it did a few months back.  I tested the output with a  pressure
gauge and it struggled to make 3 psi when wholly unregulated which is  ok
because the 45 DCOE Weber on my carb needs less, but indicated it was  worn.  I
changed it for a new one which sounded better and unregulated made  lots
more pressure.

What I would to  test both pumps is simply use some jumper leads from  a
good battery to the pump connections.  A new pump is greased and will  'tick',
whereas be careful with the old pump as it may spray fuel.

Final thoughts, having spoken to Facet recently, is that there are a lot
cheap crap copies of their product, but I think your problem will be  wiring.

Regards

Daniel