[Spridgets] Drum brakes to disc brakes MC question

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Drum brakes to disc brakes MC question
From: John O'Brien via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:16:10 -0500
Hi List:
I have a bugeye that I converted to disc brakes years ago.  I never
changed out the Master cylinder, and it worked okay, but always had a
hard brake pedal.  I now need to replace or rebuild the Master Cylinder
due to an issue with the clutch side.  I have looked at a couple of options:
  1. rebuild the current MC (some pitting in the bore that has not honed
out)  (Cost $12.85 + shipping)
2. buy a new 7/8" bore MC and have it back the way it was (currently on
sale) Cost $98.95 TRW or $197.95 AP + shipping.
3. Buy a new 3/4" MC from Moss (TRW brand, currently on sale) and
shorten the push rods  (approx. 36% easier pedal) Cost $229.95 + shipping
4. Send the 7/8" bore MC to Gerard for a rebuild to 3/4" and shorten or
buy shorter push rods. Cost $325 + shipping both ways
5. Buy a new 7/8" bore MC and add the brake Servo booster Moss sells to
give more power without having to modify the  pushrods (this option is
supposed to give about a 2:1 boost to the brakes) Cost $98.95 for the MC
+ $199.95 for the Servo booster+ shipping and a few pieces of brake line
to plumb in the servo.

Has anyone on the list done this last option?  If so, how did it turn out?

Any experience with the TRW MC vs. the AP?

Suggestions on the best option?  I'm trying to balance cost vs. the best
outcome.

Thanks
John O'Brien
'61 Bugeye