[Spridgets] Early preparations for the Wild West OSHIT...

To: Spridgets List <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, Yahoo Spridget list <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Spridgets] Early preparations for the Wild West OSHIT...
From: "bmwwxman . via Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 16:10:55 -0600

--001a11c3726a3c5e6f0527fc941e

Progress:
Am still finishing up the final blocking for paint.  Suspension is back
together and the car is on its wheels so things should go smoothly insofar
as paint is concerned.

Some time ago I started collecting the bits and bods to have them ready for
the big event.  I'm putting an alternator on in place of the generator
(dynamo) and I have a nice set of Daniel's silicone hoses.  I have a
complete set of the good brake lines and fittings from Peter C who also
provided many other small parts.

Am also starting to collect a bunch of the small items I want to replace
rather than mess with cleaning and plating them.

I do want to clean and polish up the HIF44 single carb.  I can easily do
the top but the body looks like a tricky deal to polish.  Any suggestions
on how to do so gratefully received.

I need to start wrapping the wiring loom in hockey tape (thanks again for
that idea, Frank!)

For those of you who have been in these types of OSHITs a little deeper
than me, can you provide recommendations for things I will want to have on
hand for when everyone gets here?  What about fastener selections?  I have
a ton of 1/4 x28 nuts and bolts (again - thanks, Frank!), any other sizes
that its worth buying in bulk?  Anything I should order from Peter or
possibly from the UK?

Just like we did at Buster Cluster and Holy Sprite I want to have
everything on hand so we have everything we need other than simple hardware
store stuff.

Starting to get stoked!   Save the dates  -  9th and 10th of April, 2016 in
Dodge City, KS     WWOSHIT!!
--
Cheers!!
Jim

--001a11c3726a3c5e6f0527fc941e

 paint.=C2=A0 Suspension is back together and the car is on its wheels so t=
hings should go smoothly insofar as paint is concerned. =C2=A0</div><div><b=
r></div><div>Some time ago I started collecting the bits and bods to have t=
hem ready for the big event.=C2=A0 I&#39;m putting an alternator on in plac=
e of the generator (dynamo) and I have a nice set of Daniel&#39;s silicone =
hoses.=C2=A0 I have a complete set of the good brake lines and fittings fro=
div><div>Am also starting to collect a bunch of the small items I want to r=
eplace rather than mess with cleaning and plating them.=C2=A0</div><div><br=
 can easily do the top but the body looks like a tricky deal to polish.=C2=
=A0 Any suggestions on how to do so gratefully received. =C2=A0</div><div><=
br></div><div>I need to start wrapping the wiring loom in hockey tape (than=
f you who have been in these types of OSHITs a little deeper than me, can y=
ou provide recommendations for things I will want to have on hand for when =
everyone gets here?=C2=A0 What about fastener selections?=C2=A0 I have a to=
n of 1/4 x28 nuts and bolts (again - thanks, Frank!), any other sizes that =
its worth buying in bulk?=C2=A0 Anything I should order from Peter or possi=
 Cluster and Holy Sprite I want to have everything on hand so we have every=
and 10th of April, 2016 in Dodge City, KS =C2=A0 =C2=A0 WWOSHIT!!</div><div=

--001a11c3726a3c5e6f0527fc941e--

--===============1572878522380986462==

spridgets@autox.team.net

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive