Re: [Spridgets] Rear brake Beehive spring / Steady spring

To: bubba22987 <oldsaabguy@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rear brake Beehive spring / Steady spring
From: HealeyRick via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2018 10:29:47 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, Yahoo Spridget list <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>

--0000000000004b53060576769785

I use a BFS to compress the spring and push the hook end into the backing
plate.  Been so long, don't recall the orientation.

Rick Neville

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 10:18 AM Lester via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> Good Morning all,
>
> so I noticed that a rear tire was low.  A few weeks later I went to fill
> it with air.  It had come loose from the rim, and mud daubers (wasp here =
in
> the South) had built a nest between the tire and rim.
>
> Off comes the rim, this reveals a streak of brake fluid down the tire and
> a puddle on the driveway.  This caused me to remove the shoes but first, =
> had to remove that damned spring.  When last I installed these, I stumble=
> on the fact that there is the easy way to install them and a hard way.  T=
he
> hard way takes 30 minutes and a lot of cursing an prying while the easy w=
ay
> takes seconds.  does anyone remember my easy way?  I sure don=E2=80=99t. =
 I vaguely
> recall that if you just push the spring in oriented the correct way it
> snaps on to the fitting on the backing plate.  But of course I don=E2=80=
=99t
> remember what that orientation is although it =E2=80=9Clooks like=E2=80=
=9D the hook in the
> spring should be pointed outwards.
>
> What say you all?
>
> TIA,Lester
> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/healeyrik@gmail.com

--0000000000004b53060576769785

nto the backing plate.=C2=A0 Been so long, don&#39;t recall the orientation=
;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>&g=
t; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 =
.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Good Morning all,<br>
so I noticed that a rear tire was low.=C2=A0 A few weeks later I went to fi=
ll it with air.=C2=A0 It had come loose from the rim, and mud daubers (wasp=
 here in the South) had built a nest between the tire and rim.=C2=A0 <br>
Off comes the rim, this reveals a streak of brake fluid down the tire and a=
 puddle on the driveway.=C2=A0 This caused me to remove the shoes but first=
, I had to remove that damned spring.=C2=A0 When last I installed these, I =
stumbled on the fact that there is the easy way to install them and a hard =
way.=C2=A0 The hard way takes 30 minutes and a lot of cursing an prying whi=
le the easy way takes seconds.=C2=A0 does anyone remember my easy way?=C2=
=A0 I sure don=E2=80=99t.=C2=A0 I vaguely recall that if you just push the =
spring in oriented the correct way it snaps on to the fitting on the backin=
g plate.=C2=A0 But of course I don=E2=80=99t remember what that orientation=
 is although it =E2=80=9Clooks like=E2=80=9D the hook in the spring should =
be pointed outwards.<br>
What say you all?<br>
TIA,Lester<br>
------------------------<br>