Re: [Spridgets] Frank's Midget

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Frank's Midget
From: Allen Hefner via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 10:04:51 -0400

--00000000000051886f05769e7a3f

"On the "we tight" budget , it is recycling more stuff from Frank's
collection of parts that came with the car and list members across the
country graciously sharing pieces from their collections."

Even the Gift Midget I gave you when I moved, came from Frank to me. He was
a pistol! It still amazes me how many lives Frank Clarici touched, and
changed for the better.

Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA

*Current:*
2016 Subaru outback somewhere
2006 Chebbie
*Former:*
1963 Sunbeam Alpine Series III
1967 Triumph TR4A IRS
1964 VW Type I
1967 VW Type II
1967 Rover 2000TC
1977 MG Midget (Sniff!)

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 12:15 PM crusaderchuck55@aol.com via Spridgets <
spridgets@autox.team.net> wrote:

> [...]
> outward the car looks pretty much like it did the day Frankie rolled it out
> and we loaded it on my trailer in Toms River New Jersey.  Dirt, faded and
> worn thin red oxide primer and some of Frank or frankie's graffiti are
> still very visible.  Literally the car looks like nothing has been done
> upon a first glance.   Closer inspection reveals that every nut and bolt (
> except for the doors and hood!) and all the suspension ( front & rear!) and
> steering have been removed and I do mean ALL!    All New bushings, hub
> bearings and seals , rebuilt control arms, new pads and shoes, rebuilt
> calipers, new wheel cylinders, All New hoses & brake tubing, a rebuilt
> master cyl, NOS clutch master & slave cyl with New hose And New tubing, NOS
> rear shocks, urethane bushings in the rear spring & shackles, completely
> refurbished emergency brake from lever to the backing plates, a good stock
> rib case trans, new pinion seal in a really nice 4.22 gear set, cut rear
> drums, New rear brake springs , reconstructed and properly adjusted panhard
> rod, and a stock ( for now) front sway bar have All been installed along
> with an oil cooler with lines and the radiator expansion tank and a very
> nice cross flow radiator.   The brakes are spot on and the chassis is set
> up as I would for a competition car , utilising everything that has been
> donated to the cause and my stash of goodies .   I'm about to start
> figuring dash layout for the bugeye dash I intend to use.  I believe I have
> the gauges and switches I will need....I think.  I have not resolved a
> headlight switch as of right now..
>
> I do have headlight , park/turn ( front) lamps And tail light assemblies
> for the car.   But as originally stated the car looks like nothing has been
> done to it externally.   I wanted a the dirty work behind me before I start
> repairing the cut off tops of both quarter panels and complete to molding
> in of the quarter panel flares plus finish the damage repair ( minimal
> since Frank started the repair years ago) to the right front fender from
> it's wild ride on the interstate unhitched at speed during its delivery to
> Frank.   If this car could talk....if only it could talk...
>
> Its coming back to life..   On the "we tight" budget , it is recycling
> more stuff from Frank's collection of parts that came with the car and list
> members across the country graciously sharing pieces from their
> collections.      Frank's Midget is going to live.   I have to admit I've
> thought the car hates me at times for how it's teased and taunted me with
> SUPRISE after SUPRISE with broken and severely worn out parts and salt
> water in the rear axle when I drained it.  Of all the parts the were on the
> car up in arrival, the only pieces that have stayed with the car are the
> rear springs and bare axle housing and the front spindles and one king pin!
>   That's it!  Everything else is from other cars.

tight&quot; budget , it is recycling more stuff from Frank&#39;s collection=
 of parts that came with the car and list members across the country gracio=
v><div>Even the Gift Midget I gave you when I moved, came from Frank to me.=
 He was a pistol! It still amazes me how many lives Frank Clarici touched, =
=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div =
br><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr">On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 12:1=
5 PM <a href=3D"mailto:crusaderchuck55@aol.com";>crusaderchuck55@aol.com</a>=
 via Spridgets &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@au=
e=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

in-bottom:0">There have been a few requests for pictures.=C2=A0 I have not =
sent many because outward the car looks pretty much like it did the day Fra=
nkie rolled it out and we loaded it on my trailer in Toms River New Jersey.=
=C2=A0 Dirt, faded and worn thin red oxide primer and some of Frank or fran=
kie&#39;s graffiti are still very visible.=C2=A0 Literally the car looks li=
ke nothing has been done upon a first glance. =C2=A0 Closer inspection reve=
als that every nut and bolt ( except for the doors and hood!) and all the s=
uspension ( front &amp; rear!) and steering have been removed and I do mean=
 ALL! =C2=A0 =C2=A0All New bushings, hub bearings and seals , rebuilt contr=
ol arms, new pads and shoes, rebuilt calipers, new wheel cylinders, All New=
 hoses &amp; brake tubing, a rebuilt master cyl, NOS clutch master &amp; sl=
ave cyl with New hose And New tubing, NOS rear shocks, urethane bushings in=
 the rear spring &amp; shackles, completely refurbished emergency brake fro=
m lever to the backing plates, a good stock rib case trans, new pinion seal=
 in a really nice 4.22 gear set, cut rear drums, New rear brake springs , r=
econstructed and properly adjusted panhard rod, and a stock ( for now) fron=
t sway bar have All been installed along with an oil cooler with lines and =
the radiator expansion tank and a very nice cross flow radiator. =C2=A0 The=
 brakes are spot on and the chassis is set up as I would for a competition =
car , utilising everything that has been donated to the cause and my stash =
of goodies . =C2=A0 I&#39;m about to start figuring dash layout for the bug=
eye dash I intend to use.=C2=A0 I believe I have the gauges and switches I =
will need....I think.=C2=A0 I have not resolved a headlight switch as of ri=
ght now..</p><p dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">I do hav=
e headlight , park/turn ( front) lamps And tail light assemblies for the ca=
r. =C2=A0 But as originally stated the car looks like nothing has been done=
 to it externally. =C2=A0 I wanted a the dirty work behind me before I star=
t repairing the cut off tops of both quarter panels and complete to molding=
 in of the quarter panel flares plus finish the damage repair ( minimal sin=
ce Frank started the repair years ago) to the right front fender from it&#3=
9;s wild ride on the interstate unhitched at speed during its delivery to F=
rank. =C2=A0 If this car could talk....if only it could talk...</p><p dir=
=3D"ltr" style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">Its coming back to life.. =
=C2=A0 On the &quot;we tight&quot; budget , it is recycling more stuff from=
 Frank&#39;s collection of parts that came with the car and list members ac=
ross the country graciously sharing pieces from their collections. =C2=A0 =
=C2=A0 =C2=A0Frank&#39;s Midget is going to live. =C2=A0 I have to admit I&=
#39;ve thought the car hates me at times for how it&#39;s teased and taunte=
d me with SUPRISE after SUPRISE with broken and severely worn out parts and=
 salt water in the rear axle when I drained it.=C2=A0 Of all the parts the =
were on the car up in arrival, the only pieces that have stayed with the ca=
r are the rear springs and bare axle housing and the front spindles and one=
 king pin! =C2=A0 That&#39;s it!=C2=A0 Everything else is from other cars.<=
/p><p dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">Chuck</p><p dir=3D=
"ltr" style=3D"margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0">That&#39;s the up to date stat=
=3D"m_-2088673927940978054SignatureBox" dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"margin-top:0;m=
argin-bottom:0">Sent from my LG Mobile</div></div>

ox.team.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets"; rel=3D"norefer=
rer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets</a><br>
ets/lbc77mg@gmail.com" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=