[Spridgets] Fw: Rear brake backing plate mods?

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Fw: Rear brake backing plate mods?
From: crusaderchuck55--- via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 08:11:17 -0400

----_com.lge.email_5788634352455423
   charset=utf-8

    I'm changing the rear brake backing plates on Frank's Midget to acomodate
double bearing rear hubs.????Before I start any reassembly of the components I
have a question of one backing plate modification I am not finding any
information.?? ??My bugeye has some rather interesting modifications to it's
backing plates for cooling / ventilation .?? ??literally a couple big holes
that are drilled and die ground out.?? ??Those are early backing plates and
that car has ceremetallic ( real early 1960's linings that look to more like
sintered iron than any linings most would recognise today) racing brake
shoes.?? Frank's Midget obviously is using the later type rear brake backing
plates.?? Here's my question.?? ??Does anyone have pictures of a modified
backing plate or some internet refrence I may have missed that would indicate
modifications that do not structurally compromise the backing plate??? Yes the
old fashioned way would be to drill a zillion holes and Swiss cheese the living
daylights out of the pieces to make them lighter.?? ??I just figured some
strategic opened areas or drilled holes would allow for cooling without
offering areas for gravel & dirt to get in would be in order .Thank you for any
input!ChuckSent from my LG Mobile

----_com.lge.email_5788634352455423
   charset=utf-8

</head>
style="font-size: 10pt;"><div id="LGEmailHeader" dir="auto"><div
backing plates on Frank's Midget to acomodate double bearing rear
hubs.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div dir="auto">Before I start any reassembly of the
components I have a question of one backing plate modification I am not finding
any information.&nbsp; &nbsp;My bugeye has some rather interesting
modifications to it's backing plates for cooling / ventilation .&nbsp;
&nbsp;literally a couple big holes that are drilled and die ground out.&nbsp;
&nbsp;Those are early backing plates and that car has ceremetallic ( real early
1960's linings that look to more like sintered iron than any linings most would
recognise today) racing brake shoes.&nbsp; Frank's Midget obviously is using
the later type rear brake backing plates.&nbsp; Here's my question.&nbsp;
&nbsp;Does anyone have pictures of a modified backing plate or some internet
refrence I may have missed that would indicate modifications that do not
structurally compromise the backing plate?&nbsp; Yes the old fashioned way
would be to drill a zillion holes and Swiss cheese the living daylights out of
the pieces to make them lighter.&nbsp; &nbsp;I just figured some strategic
opened areas or drilled holes would allow for cooling without offering areas
for gravel &amp; dirt to get in would be in order .</div><div dir="auto">Thank

----_com.lge.email_5788634352455423--

--===============5648948355528978995==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============5648948355528978995==--