RE: Team.Net Server Status

To: "Team Thicko Mail List" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Team.Net Server Status
From: Derek Palmer <derekp@Synopsys.COM>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 09:44:50 -0800
2

>different operating systems...<bold> so I'm not the most organized
dude.

</bold>

This say explains a lot! ;-)

Derek

San Jose, CA

>Hey Mark,

>Sorry... I don't remember seeing your post.

>My mail's scattered over 5 computers, on 3 different mail programs, and
2

>different operating systems... so I'm not the most organized dude.

>I appreciate the opportunity to have our unedited free speech Team
Thicko

>list... and I thank you for all your work. I know other Thicko's out
there

>feel the same way (ante up you cheap bastards...)

>Send me your address again so I can drop a Jackson on you and that long
ago

>promised Team Thicko shirt.

>Thanks.

>WST

>Flounder

Behalf

>Of Mark J Bradakis

>Sent:  Friday, February 26, 1999 4:08 PM

>To:    admin@autox.team.net

>Subject:       Team.Net Server Status

>Thanks, folks!  My plea a few weeks ago regarding the dead disk has
been

>well received.  Well, I imagine the response was still much less than
1%

>of the total subscriber base.  Boy, if everyone on all the Team.Net
lists

>sent in something like $5.95 US Dollars per subscription per year,
running

>these lists could be my full time job instead of just a part-time
volunteer

>effort!

>For those of who who have just signed on within the last few weeks,
you

>don't know that a while back one of the disks on the server, an HP 700

>series

>workstation, kissed the turf.  I quickly sent out a  plea for
assistance,

>and

>thanks to many generous folks, the server now has ample file system and
swap

>space.  It should continue to chug along for a while.  Perhaps
RealSoonNow

>it

>will even be a faster box, with more memory.

>As usual, I got a few responses wondering who I am, and what I have to
do

>with

>anything.  I'm still mildly amused by folks who assume that the email
from

>the various lists just occurs by magic.  They never stop to think that

>there may be a real human being involved in keeping the machinery
running

>and the email pipes from getting clogged with debris.  For some lists,
like

>autox, triumphs and the mini-list, there's quite a bit more debris to
deal

>with than the obscure ones like glen-scca, mini-baja and chapman era.
For

>a complete rundown on the five dozen or so lists  available here, send
mail

>  majordomo@autox.team.net

>and in the body of the message, in plain test, put nothing but

>  lists

>I am way behind on getting through the error mail, cleaning out dead

>address,

>overfull mailboxes, adding folks to the appropriate *.allow files so
that

>they

>can post from an address that doesn't match their subscribed address,
and

>such

>administrative stuff like that.  I request you be patient, I will
eventually

>get to it.

>I'm also behind on sending individual thank you email to those who sent
in

>contributions.  Maybe I'll get caught up on that this weekend, if the

>weather

>isn't too nice, and I don't spend a lot of time driving around with the
top

>down.  Apologies to those of you still frozen to the steering wheel.

>Some folks may not get an acknowledgement, as I've been unable to match
the

>info on the written mail with the appropriate email address.  I'll
keep

>trying

>to sleuth it out, though.  I have guessed right on a couple of
occasions!

>Again, I thank all those who did contribute, and I'm sure the other 99+
% of

>the subscribers thank you too!

>mjb.

Derek Palmer                    Channel Development Manager FPGA Products

Synopsys, Inc.          Phone: (650) 943-5203

700 E. Middlefield Road Fax:   (650) 694-1747

Mountain View, CA 94043 Email: derekp@synopsys.com

FPGA Express monthly Service packs are available from...

http://www.synopsys.com/products/fpga/fpga_solution.html