SU Carbs

To: mini-list@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: SU Carbs
From: CooperS66@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:32:32 EDT
Carb question.

I'm running a single 1 3/4" SU on my 1275 mini.  The carb is the newer
version (HIF44 I believe).  This weekend while racing at Heartland Park I
experienced what seemed to be fuel starvation.  Fuel pressure was good, 2.5
psi.  Upon checking the dashpot it was clear that the ATF that I use in the
dashpot was disappearing very quickly.  In the final race of the day, it took
5 laps for the ATF to completed dissapear.

Last night when I got home, I filled the dashpot up, replaced the cap and
then rechecked.  No ATF.

Any suggestions as to why I'm loosing the ATF so quickly?

Tim