[Fwd: Mosport]

To: Team Thicko Mail List <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fwd: Mosport]
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 13:31:58 -0500
--------------344022C27341743E906363C3

From: JRMaster@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 14:09:34 EDT
Subject: Mosport
To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-vintage-race@autox.team.net

Like some others this was my first trip to Mosport.  Normally I run most of
the VSCCA races and my car is set up to meet the club requirements.
What a difference set up makes. There were two Turner Climaxes this past
weekend.  Normally Jeff and I are about equal in the VSCCA in our Turner
Climaxes (although I think he is the better driver).  He is now set up for
SVRA and is running 13 inch wheels and Hoosier tires.  I ran 15 inch wheels
and Dunlops required for the VSCCA.  He finished with a first and a second.
With the smaller wheels and stickier tires he "motored" right by me.  I am
not sure where I was, but I had a great time somewhere in the middle of the
pack.
The Team Thicko "flounder" car was in front of me at the start of the final
race.  The back end of it is low enough to remind me of my lowered 1949 Ford
sedan (first car), but it appeared to me the exhaust was on the track and
about to come off.  With that kind of psychological warfare :) it is no
wonder the car does so well.  Maybe it was just squatting down because of its
tremendous acceleration.
It surely was a wonderful fun weekend.
John Master

--------------344022C27341743E906363C3--