Re: RA Foodfest

To: dwoerpel@wi.net
Subject: Re: RA Foodfest
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:23:14 -0500

On 9/21/99 Dave W. wrote:
Aw, man; no rain......I might melt
and the Bugeye might shrink!!!!!!

Last night, in a moment of quiet reflection, I forwarded
word 'upstairs' to Clif Tufte that we needed a little help
down here. The latest forecast now reads as follows
per WTMJ TV4 (Milwaukee):
Thurs. partly cloudy and mid-70's
Fri. partly cloudy and mid-70's
Sat. partly cloudy and mid-70's
Sun. chance for showers

A nice improvement, but I believe it's still being
worked on...

BTW, for all you RA fans, I've been reading the book
"Road America, Five Decades of Racing" by a local
author Tom Schultz (no relation at all). Excellent! Year
by year he gives an account of every major event with
individual race results and by-lines on what happened
during many of the events. Thrown in for good measure
are bits of track history, sports car racing trends thru the
years, and information about how people fared before
and after racing at RA as related to the various class
championships, etc. Good stuff (usual disclaimers here).

Today's RA trivia:
The 1st modification to the track surface (since the track
opened in 1955) was the widening of the surface by an
additional 6 feet. In what year did that occur?

1973 (Someone knew the Flounder would show one day)