Around the World in an Austin Healey Part 1

To: ann@hunt.sol.co.uk, british-cars@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: Around the World in an Austin Healey Part 1
From: BGAHC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:39:37 EDT
Hi All,

This is an update for new subscribers to the mailing list and a reminder to
old faces.

Peter and I are preparing for an epic adventure -- to drive Around the World
in 80 days in an Austin Healey BT7 next year starting May 1st.  We are one of
about 46 other vintage and classic cars entered in the marathon organized by
the Classic Rally Association.
We are looking for a small amount of financial support from all Healey
enthusiasts, by inviting you to join our Supporters Club, ( see website
below) to help us make this journey. Also to provide us with moral support to
sustain us when stress levels are high!! This of course won't be due to
problems with the car!!!!

We are also trying to raise a substantial sum of money for the Children's
Hospice Association, Scotland. This money will be handled separately from
memberships and will go 100% to the Hospice.

Please check us out on our website www.aroundtheworld.scotland.net
You can join the club through the secure line on the website.

The car was purchased from the States last October, shipped to the U.K.
January and is just completing a total rebuild. Members of the Supporters
club will get details on the special modifications to prepare her for this
great adventure.

We would be pleased to see any Healey owners as we pass through North America
from Anchorage (12th June) to New York. Please see separate the latest route
with dates and stopovers.

Jim Werner has been very helpful in supplying us with information on North
America and Healey enclaves. Many thanks Jim
Also great to have several members already from the States, thank you for
joining the team.  I am busy working on the second newsletter, it should be
out soon.

Look forward to hearing from some more of you and will try to answer any
queries.
Yours in speed,
Ann Hunt
ann@hunt.sol.co.uk