Re: Noise

To: billd13@essex1.com
Subject: Re: Noise
From: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 09:27:01 -0500

leadbelly:
I worked on F-4E's in the AF in '70-71.
Even wearing ear protection I still lost
25% of my hearing in one ear and slightly
less in the other.

What was really a pain in the ass
was being called out to the test pad
for an engine check. They'd have one
of those sons-a-witches chained down
and run that bastard wide open forever
(it seemed).

After the F-4 pilots flew 100 missions over
'Nam they took artistic license during their
last final approach at home base. A mini-
"Thunderbird" air show if you will.

Only one thing (to me) can rival the sight of
a race car coming down the Moraine Sweep
at RA flat-out - and that's an F-4 streaking
toward the runway at 75' elev & full throttle...
BOOOOOOOOOM! A little afterburner action
and that flying brick would point it's nose to the
heavens and was gone.

"Speed Is Good"

Sidewinder ~   ~   ~   ~   ~ Sprite #517