crank shaft

To: "thicko" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: crank shaft
From: "Jon Paschke" <birdman@lightspeed.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:39:02 -0800
Cheating dogs,
I have a question about cranks for 1275's. In the book I am reading on
tuning he mentions a EN40B crank being the better unit to use. Are these
nitrided cranks really better and are they obtainable? At what cost? The
author also says that the stock Midget 1275 cranks are pretty tough
themselves so what's what? I am building a hopefully, fast street, road
motor. What about doing the 73.5mm overbore on a 1969 Midget block - it
needs boreing anyway, maybe a sleeve even to get back to standard oversize
so not much to loose here. Someone who has been there before give me a
little heads up on this.
I want to build a nice fast motor - once -
TIA
Jon
58 Sprite