Re: in the spirit of Irv the perv

To: David.Laver@msdw.com
Subject: Re: in the spirit of Irv the perv
From: M&J Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:11:09 -0500

David Laver wrote:

> > It's a 1965 sports racer - weighs 550 lbs.
> > Powered by a Mercury Outboard connected to a Triumph motorcycle gearbox
> > - centrifical clutch, sequential shift.
>
> 550lb, less engine, clutch, and box.  Can't be much more of it to
> describe.  Ladder chassis - like a real ladder nicked from a window
> cleaner?  Wheels off the postmans bike?  An old sweet wrapper streatched
> over drinking straws as bodywork?  Steering wheel used to be a three spoke
> but hey - who needs more than one spoke and enough rim to get a hand on?
>
> 550lbs....
>
> David

550 including engine, gearbox etc!!!!.-
2 strokes are small enough that when I started to disassemble it last week, I
lifted the 1000cc engine (less transmission) out of the chassis by hand...
alone.
The car is knee high and everything was made or selected to keep it light.
i.e. 4 wheel disks from a superkart.. 10" mini wheels & tires, gokart
steering wheel etc.
It's incredibly tiny.
I better go on a diet - I could add 30% more.

Mike