comp. hub.

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: comp. hub.
From: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 07:39:18 -0400
question...
 is it normal for the brake drum to have to be de-lipped (the rear small lip to
be removed) when using the competition rear hubs. i am taking the fact that i
had to remove this lip because of the brake drum/rear backing plate combination
and not the hub. the hubs that i am redesigning are 1.8" thru total length as
are the originals. so i am guessing this dimension is ok.  any input? Elmo what
size studs are you using? what size are most people using?
 we are going to make a couple sets, at least one for us and one for
Gary(grenade) would anyone else be intrested? dont know a price yet, but i am
only trying to cover the cost of making an improved set for myself. these will
be made  with a wider back radius/chamfer than the others, to prevent what
happened to me and with the good steel we get from Grenade.
R(WNIK) Kansa(s)
RCCSA