RE: Vintage boat (no LBC)

To: "'Gerard Chateauvieux'" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>,
Subject: RE: Vintage boat (no LBC)
From: "Gerald J. Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:45:15 -0500
Can't tell you who the manufacturer might have been, but the style was
referred to as a "runabout". They were still being raced around Belle Isle
in Deeetroit as late as the early 70's that I know of....probably still are.
Racers were limited to using old engines with little modifications (sort of
like our kind of racing) but no doubt there were some cheatin' dogs in their
group too.  Most all of them are home built, usually from personal design or
plans that they got from Popular Mechanics.

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///