Re: thanks

To: "Paul Fitzsimmons" <fitzsmns@mwci.net>
Subject: Re: thanks
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 06:48:30 -0500
Ha... I'd have taken some of that action (on the side that say I don't get
it done...). I found some new pistons from a buddy, and that's saved my ass
some. Also, I'm making daily runs to Milwaukee to the machince shop
delivering parts, and when the crank is done being machined, I'll go back up
and bring it to Racine where they have their nitriding done, then back to
Milwaukee for the final polish.

I do have tons of stuff stashed... I've been accumulating for years, but
it's always some stupid thing you end up missing at the last mement that
fucks you.

The funny thing is, this motor is the one that came with the $1 Midget I
bought on E-bay. It had a virgin block and crank. You don't think I'll get
any "mileage" out of kickin' guys asses with a $1 motor, do ya? ;)

The Red Rat motor is also being done in time for Road America, and I'll
start on a 3d one. I'd forgetten about a 40 over 948 block (with center
strap) that I'd brought to the mcahine shop years ago. We found it under
their stairway.... so, with a set of 998 pistons, and any luck finding
another good crank, I'll be 3 deep in race motors.

I've got 2 fresh ribcase gearboxes... one of these days I'll even jopin the
cheatin' dogs and get a straight cut set... but for now, stock will have to
do.

Take your bets, cross your fingers, hide the women & children... I may be at
Grattan with a 948 race motor. (Driving a stock 1275, while having buttloads
of torque, just runs out of steam on that long Grattan straightaway... like
watching paint dry...)

WST